Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Space-saver?


The second thought that passed through my mind while admiring the clever Nuscup (by Dalla Piazza, a Swissmar company):
Who keeps spices in jars big enough to fit this scoop?
The first thought was, "hey, that's neat!"



You can get these measures in larger sizes, so maybe a big one would be useful. But a bigger one would be no better (and more expensive, and harder to clean, and with moving parts) than one of the Oxo angled measures, which you will be shocked to learn I use in my kitchen. I still have a set of dry measures, too, mostly because they are pretty and my wife gave them to me! Sometimes even a cramped cook has to be given a special pass.

1 comment:

Chase said...

I use a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup for almost ALL of my measuring needs, I do have two sets of nesting cups as well but hardly use them. For Spoon measuring, I actually have a pyrex "shot glass" with all the spoon possibilities on them...well except the dash, smidgen and pinch spoons which I received as a wedding shower gift. The two pyrex items truly could handle all measuring!