Monday, July 18, 2005

Farmers Market Report 7-18

As I was walking through the Santa Monica Farmers Market yesterday chatting with my neighbor, Debbie I realized that I have been to a lot of different farmers markets. We talked about markets in Los Angeles, Portland, Virginia, Switzerland, Turkey, Greece, Portugal, South Africa and all the great things you discover at these markets.

You may arrive at the market with a list - salad makings, flowers to fill your vases, freshly baked bread and eggs - but you nearly always discover something unexpected and perfect. Yesterday it was a huge, purply heirloom tomato - I almost bought it even though I had no use for it.

Debbie bought fennel for salmon that she was making...my brother called from Washington state, I told him what she was buying and soon from 800 miles away he was improving on her meal.

The Farmers Market is full of magic and promise.

No comments: